I'm still working on the school room because I'm really editing what gets put back in there. This is my only south facing room, so it's where I've kept most of my plants. However, I don't want it to be a jungle in there.
I decided to combine some plants to save room. The Schefflera (tall plant in back) had gone wild. It was growing all over the place, so first I tied the three main stems to each other and drew them upwards, using strips of old pantyhose. (It's already tied in this picture)
The other two plants, a caladium and a begonia have similar water needs, but like a little more shade. Not wanting to make this planting arrangement permanent, because when I rotate the pot, I didn't want the shade loving plants in the direct sunlight, I opted to just set the smaller pots into the larger pot.
Using a pair of plant clippers, I gave the Scefflera a judicial trimming...er...I wacked a couple of branches and some leaf stalks off. Now I have 3 plants in one, which takes up less space, and I think looks so much better.
I will post pictures of the school room soon.