To my great surprise and delight, I no more than got home, and I received my first blogger award! Christin, from Pregnant With Power Tools (don't you just love that name!), awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award. This from a woman who wields power tools while pregnant...now that is versatile! Thanks Christin...you are a sweetheart.
According to the terms of the award, I have to tell you seven random things about myself and pass on the award to seven new blogs I have recently discovered. This may be more than you want to know, but here goes:
- My favorite meal is southern fried chicken and milk gravy with biscuits
- I like all colors of the rainbow, except yellow and orange
- Sometimes I sleep with my arm straight up in the air (I know...really weird!)
- There are 10 years between my brother and myself (I'm the oldest, he's the youngest of 3)...there are 10 years between my oldest and youngest child...of 3 children (not planned, just happened that way)
- My favorite season is summer
- Tea is my favorite beverage
- My family calls me Deborah, most others call me Debbie, my husband calls me Deb...I answer to all three
As for 7 new blogs that I recently discovered, the hard part will be picking only 7! I am a new blogger and you should see my blog roll already! I believe these are supposed to be relatively new blogs so I am passing on the award to these lovely ladies:
- Kenzie at 9 o'clock Dance of Joy. She comes up with the cutest crafts that cost next to nothing and the girl plans the best parties!
- Jennie at Cinnaberry Suite. She comes up with the most original ideas that are darling.
- Kendra at Creative Ambitions. She can turn trash into true treasure. What can I say...I just oooh and ahhhh when I visit her site!
- Ann Marie at la maison LaFortune. She has turned a very plain little house into an adorable cottage.
- Suzanne at Meridian Road. She "shops" in her old barn, made her own "mercury" glass, and turned her kitchen into the cutest cottage kitchen! What's not to love?
- Debbie at the Lakehouse. She has the most peaceful looking cottage on the lake. It looks like a cozy bed and breakfast. Debbie lives pretty close, she's sweet and I'd love to go junking with her someday!
- Sandra at Sawdust and Paper Scraps This woman has only been blogging since February and she already has over 500 followers...enough said. Don't walk, run over to her blog!