On the far right is a french bread pan. I had been wanting one for awhile, and even had one in my cart at Amazon. It was around $20 there, but I got mine for about $2! Today's post isn't about the pan though; it's about that reed wreath.
I knew I wanted to paint it white, but beyond that I wasn't sure which direction I'd go. If you've been following my Pinterest, you would know I'm smitten with ruffles and flowers. I had some burlap, but wanted red flowers too. Funny story that. I didn't have a red t-shirt or even a scrap of red fabric. My youngest son, however, has a bunch of red t-shirts.
I asked him if he had an old red t-shirt that had holes in it that I could have. He stood up and literally gave me the shirt off his back. To be sure it had a hole in it, but it was one of his favorites that he only wore around the house. What a kid!
I zigzagged the edges of the burlap, ran a basting stitch around one edge, pulled it to ruffle it loosely and wrapped it around, then hot glued it it underneath.
I cut strips of the red t-shirt about 1 1/2 inches wide, folded them in half, ran a basting stitch just like the burlap ones, but I pulled these tighter. After hot gluing them together, I hot glued them to the center of the burlap.
The large single rose was not folded before basting. I just left the edges raw. Then I lightly hot glued them all to the wreath. I wanted to be able to pull them off to change the look, so I just tacked them in one little spot.
Finally I tucked in a few sprigs of berries I picked up at JoAnn's during their Christmas sales.
Ruffles and flowers...my addiction is appeased...for now.
I'm honored that my wreath was featured at these great blogs. Be sure and pay them a visit and say hi!
I've linked to these great parties. Come join the fun!