My bookcase project is coming along slowly. The last two days of rain put a bit of a damper on it. I was so pumped to get it done, that I decided to use my Zinser BIN primer in the back room. Bad idea...think I killed a few brain cells...and I need every last one of those suckers!
Stupid, I know. I will wait for a sunny day and prime the second bookcase outside. I did get the first bookcase painted. I need to finish lightly distressing it and wait for the Briwax I ordered to arrive. I've never used it before, but I love what I've seen on other blogs.
In the meantime I grabbed a resin tray that I bought at a garage sale or thrift store some time ago. I can't remember where...must be with those missing brain cells. I primed, painted and lightly sanded the high points.
Here's the before, pretty scratched up, but I love the fleur de lis design.
After spray primer and 3 light coats of heirloom white:
It will probably go in my kitchen when I get "The Wall" finished. I'll explain "The Wall" in a later post.
This project is linked to these great parties: