The horizontal part of the cross was a little too long, so I cut off the excess with my new Dremel Trio. I just marked where I wanted the boards to cross and attached in the back with a couple of flat head screws (I drilled pilot holes first so as not to split the fragile wood). I used my Silhouette Cameo and contact paper to create the stencil. After applying the stencil to the cross, I rubbed it down very thoroughly, then lightly brushed on white acrylic paint, making sure to dab most of the paint off my brush, so I got an aged worn look. That was it...no finish was added.
Oh yes, he did.
Have a blessed Easter.
My Subway Cross was featured here.
I've linked to these fabulous parties. Come join the fun!